Saturday 19 June 2010

Back in the swing of things

Well, Chris and I have officially been married for one full week. To tell you the truth, I think that I may be suffering from a bit of post wedding depression. I was looking forward to it and was working towards it for so long, then all of a sudden, in one very short day, its over! I really tried to enjoy every moment of it as much as I could, but it still went by so quickly. We should be getting all of our photos from the photographer next week, so I'm very much looking forward to that.

For now, its back to business as usual. We didn't go on a honeymoon, we decided to postpone it and instead spend a few days relaxing and decompressing in the still very new to us house. I'm just now getting back in the swing of things and wrapping my mind around the fact that the wedding is over and I can put my energy towards other things, things like knitting! I have been too busy and mentally strained lately to work on anything other than socks, but now I'm feeling this intense need to fill my evenings with more interesting knitting!

I've been fondling my cashmere sock yarn for a while, I'm particularly fond of how awesome Deep Sea looks in it:

I'm thinking an easy, comfy cardi would work very well in this. Something along the lines of Klara84's Featherweight meets minimalist, I love the texture and I know that anything knit out of this amazingly soft yarn would be delicious.

I also have big plans to write up the pattern for my Prism handspun shawl.

Handspun Prism Shawl

This shawl drew quite a bit of attention at this years Knitter's Frolic and since its such a simple pattern it should be easy to write up. I might make my next version in Meadow, a multi that I love and have been wanting to work up into something fabulous.

I've also been eyeing a few skeins of DK that happen to be sitting next to each other on my shelves. Sunset and Velvet, I think they make such an interesting pair. A simple, striped sweater? Or maybe something with a little bit of texture? I haven't quite decided, I may have to think about this one a bit more, all I know is that I love these colours together and I really want to be knitting with them now!


I also have a few sweaters I'd like to knit in my Aran weight... the Royale pullover, the Mondo Cable Cardi, the Fitted February Lady Sweater, another Dipped Infinity..... I'd better get started!