Thursday, 10 March 2011

Baby's in Cashmere! Awesome.

Maile cardigan

I finished knitting my Maile cardigan last week. I just need to pick up some pretty little purple buttons and then give it a gentle blocking and it will be all done. For now, I'm just keeping it next to me at all times should I get the urge to snuggle. My mom was over yesterday and when she picked it up she literally swooned. I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner, but baby knits are the perfect use for this yarn! It is so soft and squooshy and snuggly, I just want to put it on an infant and then give that infant a big hug!

Yarn is TFA Purple Label Cashmere Sock in Lilac

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    How did you find the arm attachment for this sweater? Did you mod? I've heard concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arm attachment was miserable. I had heard that it was tough and I thought about doing it differently but then decided to just go ahead and do it as written. The first 3 or 4 rows after joining were terrible and then it was fine... I would do it differently the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous!! baby sweaters definitely call for perfect little buttons. good luck with the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little baby sweater. I'm knitting a Saroyan from the Purple Label Cashmere Sock yarn. The yarn is wonderful to work with and it would be great for a baby sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! And I agree that infants should be dressed in cuddly yarn/fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.