Wednesday 7 December 2011

New Knitty Pattern: Velvet Morning

The newest edition of Knitty has just gone live, and I'm so excited to share Julie's newest design in TFA yarn: Velvet Morning!

Velvet Morning

The pattern features Green Label Aran weight,  and Julie's version has Midnight as the base colour, and three contrasting colours: SandMallard, and Atlantic. My light grey version features the base colour Sand, and the contrasting colours are LilacPlum and Dove. It's really neat to see the contrast of how it looks as a dark blue sweater and as a light grey sweater- and it looks great both ways.

Velvet Morning

It was so much fun to test knit the Sand version, the colours are amazing (Julie was inspired by eye shadow palettes when she came up with this colour combo, isn't that brilliant?) I've worn it so much already. It's just a great comfy, cozy cardigan, the kind that I love to grab on chilly mornings. Great job Julie!

Velvet Morning

We took these photo's on a warm but rainy day in August! I spent a lot of time trying to tame my ever frizzing hair and keep the wind from blowing it in my face, we ended up with a lot of shots like this:

Velvet Morning

I kind of like it!
Ravelry project page here.