Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Mint Sea Scarf

Mint Sea scarf

I knit this scarf way back in July (you can see me working on it when we were at Julie's cottage here). It's simple, looks great on both sides, is squishy, cozy and warm... and it has buttons! What more could you ask for!?

Mint Sea scarf

For this project I used 1 skein each of Green Label Aran Weight yarn in Seabreeze and Spearmint. It is a wide, rectangular scarf with lots of eyelets, so I added some buttons to one end so there is lots of flexibility in terms of how you chose to wear it. 

I'm not sure what I like more about this scarf, the buttons or the endless colour possibilities! I chose to knit mine in two soft and similar shades, but it would also look awesome done up in two highly contrasting colourways. 

Mint Sea scarf

It's hard to tell from these pictures, but I'm actually wearing very bright and bold fuchsia lipstick! It has taken me a long time to feel comfortable wearing bright shades on my lips. For years I was a lip-gloss addict, and though I sported some bright and sparkly glosses, they never have the same intensity of pigment as a real lipstick. They're always a bit translucent. It's funny, because though I still don't think that I look quite right in red lipstick and don't know that I'll ever feel comfortable in it, I have completely fallen in love with hot pink's and even purple-y shades. Go figure!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Tanis: This is a beautiful scarf. I would love to knit it. Did you design the pattern? Can you provide information on how to get this pattern? thanks susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime bien ton foulard! L'idée des boutons, c'est bien car ça permet de varier l'utilisation
    ...Et le rouge à lèvre te va très bien. Un p'tit coup de rouge et on a l'air déjà plus réveillée non? Moi j'aime bien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf! And when I saw the first picture, my first thought was 'nice lipstick', it looks good on you. The summer weekend at the cottage looks like pure bliss! So is there an official name for the scarf pattern and have you released the pattern? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fuschia is THE new colour for spring so i think that officially makes you trendy :)

    ps, the scarf is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love your lipstick!! It looks awesome with the seabreeze and spearmint lacy scarf, which looks so fun to wear. I'm still jealous of your snow. Toronto is having the wussiest winter ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe what's happening with the lipstick is that your design/color instincts are kicking in. Maybe it's not a function of bright as much as the actual shade of red just doesn't work as well for your skin. How's the balance of true reds versus the blues, purples and fuschias in your wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scarf, the lipstick, and the cottage experience. Jealousss. I really like the colors you chose for this project, they work SO well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this scarf. The pattern is different and I like the button accents. The colors that you chose are lovely and compliment your lipstick ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Très joli ton écharpe! Même le nom est rafraîchissant! Pour le rouge à lèvre, parfois c'est une question de trouver la bonne teinte! J'en ai justement dénicher un que j'aime bien le weekend dernier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Color, eyelet, buttons ... and your lipstick make a fabulous look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent scarf, but I really wanted to tell you how much I love your hair in these photos! How do you get your body at the roots?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.