Monday, 30 December 2013

Holiday Haze

IMG_8683
Painting Jeans - one of the most requested colourways from our latest Etsy Update. We only had one batch of this colourway in Purple Label Cashmere Sock yarn available and it went quickly, I've added it to the list of colourways to try and reproduce in other bases for the next update! Thanks so much to everyone who stole a moment from their holidays to pop by the shop and grab some goodies! We are working furiously this week to get all your orders shipped. I am completely humbled and overwhelmed by your continued support of our dyeing experiments. Chris and I feel so incredibly lucky to have such wonderful customers who get as excited about our dyeing experiments as we do!

Our holidays were fantastic and went by in a blur as usual. We spent every day with family and just soaked in festive cheer. The holidays were made extra fun by the presence of two adorable babes, Rowan and his cousin Annika. The kids certainly add to the whole magical family holiday experience. Contrary to my usual style, I actually took a whole bunch of photos this past week. Too many to sort through this morning, but here is one that I think really captures our holiday experience. I call this shot: "Babies in brand new Christmas Eve pj's smiling and laughing with Aunt Lilia and Uncle Vince!" 
IMG_8915

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'm not the only one excited to hear Painting Jeans will reappear at a future update! Such a lovely family picture, glad to hear you had a great first xmas with Rowan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who also wanted that color and has problems with Etsy updates (speed is not possible with Satellite internet) I would like to see you add it to your permanent line. Glad you enjoyed your holiday time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a lovely colourway to do permanently since it is so popular. I never get a chance to purchase it..it would be beautiful as a sweater.. with jeans..
    looks like you had a wonderful christmas.. always something special when you have young kids in the family...with many more to come. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is so much more enjoyable when there are kids around to watch! I love to just watch their little faces light up. Love the painted jeans colorway! Hope to grab some next time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, kids totally make it fun! That is such a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I was so upset, I would loved to have been able to see all the new one of a kinds but it was not to be.The painted jeans colorway does look great..could make a great addition to your line. That will make a wonderful family photo for the years to come. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those babies are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful, beautiful color combination! And I am glad you will be reproducing it soon! Your family looks so sweet, happy and all cuddly in the new PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the painted jeans colorway! Unfortunately, I had to work the day after Christmas and was too late to snag a skein. Would love to have it in the Purple Label Cashmere sock. Great picture of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too tried to snag the Painting Jeans colorway without success. Fortunately I was able to get a substitute yarn that I know I will enjoy. Would love to be able to add Painting Jeans to my stash sometime in the future though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to add my vote to making Painted Jeans a permanent fixture. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.