Tuesday, 7 January 2014

That's our boy!

IMG_9185
IMG_9187
So, this hat was not knit by me, nor is the yarn my yarn, it's not even my pattern! Zero for three. But, hey, that's my boy! Hat model extraordinaire! Can that kid rock a slouchy hat like it's nobody's business or what?

My cousin Louise was recently visiting and while she was here she finished off this gorgeous hat. The pattern is Magnolia by Maria Socha. It's knit in Madelinetosh Chunky in the Spectrum colourway. A colourway that I really love, in fact, I own 1 skein of Madelinetosh yarn in Pashmina and it is in this very colourway (my cousin and I have great taste!) but now I think that I should have bought it in Chunky rather than Pashmina because Rowan really looks good in this chunky hat! Or maybe TFA needs a chunky base... wheels are turning!

Shipping update: If you are still waiting for your yarn from the Boxing Day Etsy Update or from an order that you placed over the holidays, rest assured that we are packing and shipping as fast as we possibly can! Canada Post has gone and thrown a wrench in my plans by having a glitchy website today, so I am writing blog posts with cute pictures of babies to try and calm my nerves because I can't work on getting all the shipping done... grrrrrr. 

17 comments:

  1. chunky base chunky base YES!!!!! Pleeeeeeease!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat and handsome model. What a delightful smile! I think he enjoys modeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chunky TFA? Ooooooooooooooh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so lovely and he always smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries on shipping. But Chucky is YES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to the Chunky! And Rowan, I can't even...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes, please do a Chunky base!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cute! Don't stress so soon after the holidays! The shipping will work itself out!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I knew that yarn when I first saw it! I too have this exact same colourway, in Tosh Merino Light, and am using it to knit a Brioche scarf. It's taken forever but I'm nearly done and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super Chunky like Malabrigo Rasta would be awesome. I'd rather give my money to you for a base like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rowan makes me smile every time I see his picture; such a little cutie.
    And I just went and downloaded that pattern and ordered the same yarn for two of my nieces who live in New England and really need superwarm hats this winter. (And I don't usually even like chunky yarn!) So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutey pie!! and that hat is so lovely, what a great choice, and a great gift! Looks like he loves his new hat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK this guy is too precious for his own good. That colorway on the hat is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hat and of course Rowan (per usual) looks adorable. He definitely is very photogenic.
    I agree with Chantel...chunky on the idea of Malabrigo Rasta would be awesome. And, I'd rather give you my money as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.