Wednesday 11 November 2009

Alpha Sock Pattern



Introducing the Alpha Sock pattern. I designed this sock pattern for my dad. He loves hand knit socks, and really only has two requirements; his socks must be knit out of a "respectable" coloured yarn, and they must be stretchy and comfortable around the leg. Keeping that in mind, the Alpha sock was born! My dad's middle name is Alpha, and seeing as how this is my first sock pattern, the name seems very fitting.


The sock features a moss stitch panel that is flanked by two cables running down either side with a twisted stitch detail flowing out of the cuff ribbing. The pattern is repeated twice over the sock. It was designed to fit a man's foot, to knit a smaller size for a woman, I would simply recommend going down a needle size or two.

So, without further ado, here ya go:


Ravelry Pattern page can be found here