Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Alpha Sock Pattern



Introducing the Alpha Sock pattern. I designed this sock pattern for my dad. He loves hand knit socks, and really only has two requirements; his socks must be knit out of a "respectable" coloured yarn, and they must be stretchy and comfortable around the leg. Keeping that in mind, the Alpha sock was born! My dad's middle name is Alpha, and seeing as how this is my first sock pattern, the name seems very fitting.


The sock features a moss stitch panel that is flanked by two cables running down either side with a twisted stitch detail flowing out of the cuff ribbing. The pattern is repeated twice over the sock. It was designed to fit a man's foot, to knit a smaller size for a woman, I would simply recommend going down a needle size or two.

So, without further ado, here ya go:


Ravelry Pattern page can be found here

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you so much! I love this pattern, and I love your yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! thanks for sharing the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! thanks for sharing the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern, thanks for sharing!
    I love the fact that your dad's middle name is Alpha! So cool and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the socks and will try to make a pair when I finish the two projects that are in progress. Thank you for the pattern. Gita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this pattern. I love your yarns. I bought a couple of skeins at the DKC Knitter's Frolic last month and just completed Robin Gallimore's "Filigree" sock with your 'shadow' and 'deep sea' colourways. You can check out the first sock here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8jRsPkFiE8c/TAmh2ljku9I/AAAAAAAAF_A/F8xgs1IeXa0/s1600/DSCN0529.JPG

    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi...I just started these socks tonite. Very nice!!! The st count works for my husbands sock sz using dk wt so that's what I'm using. I noticed there seems to be a tiny something missing in the description of the cable symbol. I believe it should read: slip 3 sts onto cable needle, hold in front, KNIT NEXT 2 STS FROM LEFT NEEDLE, slip p st from cable needle.... I looked @ your pics + this seemed to make sense. As well...it worked out when I did it.
    Thanks for sharing your pattern!!!
    Take Care....Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. question on the pattern: why does the chart only show 36 stitches instead of 72? shouldn't we be knitting in rounds?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.