Tuesday, 10 August 2010

TFA Tuesday - Chris' first knit

I can't tell you how proud I am of Chris. While on vacation he knit his first hat, and he liked it! He's already planning many more knits for this Fall/Winter knitting season. I'm knocking on wood that this isn't just a phase and that he has really caught the knitting bug!

Without further ado, here is Chris' first knit, and this weeks TFA Tuesday inspiration knit!

Chris knit Brooklyn Tweed's Turn a Square hat in TFA Green Label in Moss and some left over Kureyon scraps I had laying around. He picked the colours, he gets full credit for this project. I simply helped if he asked me to and let him be when he was in the zone. In knitting this hat Chris learnt how to cast on, do ribbing, M1 stitch, knit jogless stripes, k2tog, ssk, knit in the round on circular needles and on dpn's and weave in ends. He's mastered it all and plans to tackle a sweater next. Congrats Chris!

His hat was a big hit with my family at the cottage, everyone wanted to try it on, and I think it looked great on everyone! Doesn't my parent's dog Chase look adorable in it? It looks almost natural!

And then there's poor little Stella, hats just don't suit her tiny little head.

3 comments:

  1. Something about that shot of Stella makes me feel like she should have a bunch of dreds stuffed into that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda from Baddeck10 August 2010 09:54

    Congratulations, Chris! Wow, that's a lot to learn on your first project -- you're definitely ready for a bigger one! And you sure don't have far to go to find a wonderful yarn to work with. The hat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go, chris!! that hat is fantastic, any knitter who has been at the craft for years would be pleased with an FO like that- awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.